Apartment Building Sewer Repair from NuFlow Indy
Pipe relining offers significant advantages for multi-tenant apartment buildings. When operations personnel at apartment buildings are faced with pipe problems in Indiana, NuFlow Indy provides a comprehensive, long-term solution with our various methods of trenchless pipe repair.
Our apartment building sewer repair services are the least invasive, most cost-effective solution for repairing broken pipes that do not require tenants to be displaced or without restroom services for long periods of time.
Why Apartment Building Sewer Repair Is Essential
Apartment buildings often have complex piping systems, with multiple units all tying together and running long distances across large complexes. When these pipes begin to fail, it will often affect multiple tenants and can pose health and safety risks.
Trenchless pipe repair is the fastest, least disruptive repair method to rehabilitate pipes. Pipe rehabilitation involves relining the interior of the pipe, essentially creating a new pipe inside of the old one. NuFlow Indy primarily uses a pull-in-place lining system that cures in place using either ambient or UV.
Benefits of Using Pipe Relining
Sewer repair solutions for apartment buildings like pipe relining supplies significant advantages for multi-tenant buildings, including the following:
- Cost-effectiveness – Pipe relining with NuFlow Indy offers multi-tenant apartments significant savings when compared to traditional pipe replacement. Our apartment building sewer repairs can use existing access points, such as outside cleanouts, manholes, and toilet flanges to pull and push our liner into place. Excavation equipment is typically not required, and our repairs can be made without displacing residents. From a total cost perspective, we save clients not only on the repair, but also from lost rent and reconstruction costs. Traditional pipe replacement would require the apartment unit and shared space flooring to be removed and replaced, which can be extremely costly.
- Least disruptive solution – Disruptions due to sewer line issues can cause unnecessary frustration for residents and property managers. If a sewer line fails at an apartment complex, multiple units could be forced to evacuate due to sewer leaks, or the inability to use restrooms. In order to make repairs, traditional pipe replacement would require a large excavation crew to dig inside or outside of the building to expose existing pipe and replace it. This process can take multiple days and be extremely loud. NuFlow’s sewer repair for apartment buildings via pipe relining typically takes a day or less, doesn’t require large excavation equipment, and will only keep residents from using their facilities for a short period of time.
- Customized to the building – Our liner will be custom made to the building’s specifications. We custom make the liner to the length and diameter of the host pipe at our facility in Greenwood and install it on-site the same day. For a sewer line with multiple tie-ins, we can either gap those fittings, being sure to cover all joints or use our reinstate cutting tool to allow those lines that tie in to flow properly.
Case Study – West Lake Apartments
West Lake Apartments on the west side of Indianapolis called NuFlow Indy to inspect their failing sewer line in a multi-tenant building. Two units had recently been completely renovated, but the sewer line had not been fixed. Unfortunately, the sewer line failed causing these apartments to flood with sewage. We performed a CCTV camera inspection to arrive at a solution.
- The problem – 185’ of 3” and 4” cast iron sewer lines ran directly underneath the main hallway on the main floor of the building. The line had severe scale buildup and corrosion, causing it to back up. The two units that flooded were the path of least resistance for the sewage once it could no longer flow downstream. Traditional sewer pipe replacement would’ve required the removal of all interior hallway flooring, and to saw cut the concrete underneath to expose the pipe. Luckily, our sewer repair for apartment buildings process is a lot simpler.
- The solution – We rehabilitated all 185’ of liner using our pull-in-place pipe relining technology. We lined directly underneath the hallway, making the pipe like new. During the sewer repair for this apartment building, residents were not displaced and were only unable to use their facilities for a few hours. We saved the apartment complex tens of thousands of dollars in repair, reconstruction costs, and headaches caused by upset tenants.
Reach Out for Sewer Repair for Apartment Buildings
Whether you are facing the same issue as our friends at the Lake West Apartments or are enduring a different challenge, allow us to serve you with our apartment building sewer repair.
Be sure to contact us with any questions you have!