Schools and Universities
Pipe relining provides an alternative solution to pipe repairs for school systems. Traditional pipe replacement methods cause major disruptions and cost schools large portions of their budget that they would rather allocate towards children’s education. Pipe repair using pipe relining technology with NuFlow Indy allows schools to save time, money and mess, while not interrupting the educational process.
Benefits of Pipe Relining for Schools
- Cost effective – Pipe relining will typically offer significant savings by not requiring heavy excavation equipment and multiple days to make our repairs. In many cases, we have found that we can save customers 50% or more on their repairs. We use existing access points, such as a cleanout, to put a new pipe inside of the old one, which means you don’t have to dig and replace the pipe. By completing our jobs in less time, with less destruction, we offer the most cost effective pipe repair solution.
- Minimal disruption – Education to students is of the utmost importance. Pipe relining is the least disruptive repair option that provides a long term solution while allowing kids to stay engaged in the classroom. Our repairs are done without loud, heavy machinery, and we won’t have to dig up the classroom floor. Most repairs can be made within a couple of days, and when we leave you won’t even know we were there!
- Eliminate health and safety risks – Cracked and corroded pipes allow sewage to leak into the surrounding area. If these pipes are in walls, above or below students, this could cause health and safety concerns. Oftentimes, leaks will come from the joints, which may not be sealed properly and provide an easy exit for whatever the pipe carries. NuFlow Indy pipe relining offers a seamless pipe repair, eliminating the risk of leaking joints.
- Long lasting solution – Pipe relining makes the pipe like new. We expect the newly relined pipe to last as long as 50 years or most in most cases. This means the school can avoid frequent and costly plumbing problems.
- Warranty – Most of our work at schools comes with a 10 year warranty, giving you added peace of mind.
Case Study – Crispus Attucks High School
NuFlow Indy received a call from Crispus Attucks because they had roof drains and overflows leaking. They knew that a better way had to exist to make the repairs, so they gave us a call to perform an initial inspection and provide them a quote.
5 roof drains and overflows were leaking. One of the roof drains was leaking right onto the bleachers in the main gymnasium. This is a historic gymnasium, home to the 1955 first all-black team to ever win a basketball state championship. That team was led by NBA hall of famer, Oscar Robertson. Clearly, this was an important court and gymnasium to preserve. Tearing out the roof drains using traditional pipe replacement methods would have significantly altered the gymnasium infrastructure.
Using our pull-in-place pipe relining technology, we were able to fix all leaking issues and preserve the historical architecture. All piping now had a seamless repair, free of joints that would have caused issues in the future. We saved the school thousands of dollars in costly reconstruction costs, and did so with minimal disruption to the sporting events of the student athletes.