Sewer Cleaning in Indiana
Cleaning out your pipes is always part of our sewer line rehabilitation process. We use a hydro-jet or mechanical clean to clear out roots, debris, and corrosion that are clogging your pipes. This method of sewer cleaning creates a smooth surface for our liner, ensuring it cures properly and creates a long-lasting “pipe-within-a-pipe.”
No Flow? Call NuFlow.
If your sewer line is backed up, NuFlow Indy can help. We have a team of experienced, local technicians dedicated to sewer line cleaning. Give us a call or submit a request and the NuFlow team will come open your line and get your pipes flowing again with our hydro-jet drain cleaning in Indiana.
Sewer line cleaning is a key step in every pipe lining job we complete, but we can also clean out your sewer line when other repairs aren’t necessary. Sometimes your pipes may simply be clogged – without problems that would call for our trenchless, no-dig sewer line repair. Our hydro-jet cleaning or mechanical cleaning ensures your pipes are clear and in their best operating condition.
Your Indiana Sewer Cleaning in 4 Steps
- Locate the access point – This access point, also commonly referred to as a “sewer cleanout,” is usually located at the ground level and gives direct access to the lateral sewer line that needs to be cleaned. An outside cleanout is typically required for a hydrojet cleaning. In certain situations, we can perform a mechanical sewer line cleaning through an inside access point, such as a basement cleanout.
- Clean any excess debris – Through our Indiana hydro-jet drain cleaning, a special water hose will be inserted into the pipe that will push high-pressure water through the pipe. The pressure can be increased or decreased, based on the difficulty of the cleaning. The high-pressure water will cut through any roots or debris in the line, to give it a proper cleaning. While the water is cleaning the line, we will have our sewer camera in the line as well, so that we can see in real time that the pipe is being cleaned properly.
- Perform a camera inspection – Following the above steps, our team will perform a routine camera inspection. This is where we check to ensure that your line is completely cleaned out, as well as look for any further issues that need to be addressed with a sewer line repair.
- Address your access point – If the sewer cleaning was a success and there are no additional repairs that need to be made, we can simply seal off your sewer cleanout and clean up any equipment and tools used during the hydro-jetting process.
Our team is ready to work closely with you through each step of your Indiana sewer cleaning process. That is why if you have any additional questions you can feel free to reach out to us – we’re always happy to help.
NuFlow Indy’s Long-Term Solution vs. a Temporary Fix for Sewer Cleaning in Indiana
If you’re repeatedly having backups that require a professional to clean out your pipes, you likely have a bigger problem on your hands. Roots could be invading your pipes, corrosion could be causing blockages, or your pipes could be cracked. If these issues exist, a cleaning will only solve the problem temporarily. The roots will grow back and cracks will get worse.
While other companies may clear out your pipes repeatedly every time you have a backup, we recommend a one-time, long-lasting repair to solve the problem for good.
As previously stated, that’s why we perform a camera inspection after every sewer line cleaning. Once your sewer line is clean, we’ll look for any issues that could cause you further headaches down the road. If we find any problems, we’ll provide a quote to do the repairs.
For thorough sewer cleaning, our trenchless, no-dig technology allows us to create a seamless “pipe-within-a-pipe” that solves backup problems, seals cracks, and prevents further corrosion and root intrusion. This will save you time, money, and mess by eliminating the need for future repairs. If you hire us to fix your sewer line, we’ll clear out any blockages and keep your pipes flowing until the job is complete.
FAQs – General Sewer Cleaning, Hydro-Jet Cleaning, and More
How long does it take to access a sewer cleanout and flush the pipe?
The time it takes to access and perform a sewer cleaning can depend on the length of the line itself, as well as the severity of the clogging. For shorter, unilateral lines, sewer cleaning can take approximately 1 to 2 hours. On the other hand, longer sewer lines can take up to several hours to completely clear out.
What are the benefits of hydro-jetting on my Indiana property?
Hydro-jet cleaning is an incredibly efficient way to clean out more complex sewer lines without having to dig up and replace the existing line, eliminating the need for additional costs and excavation services.
In what cases should I avoid hydro-jet drain cleaning?
Hydro-jetting should be avoided if your pipe is either seriously damaged or completely collapsed. If either is the case, we would recommend reaching out to our team about our sewer line repair services.
How often should I perform sewer cleaning?
Though our Indiana sewer cleanings are performed as needed, our team recommends cleaning your sewer line every 2 to 5 years to ensure that it’s flowing properly and that there’s no additional maintenance or repairs required. That being said, each sewer line is different, and our technicians will tailor make a solution based on the health of your sewer line.
What is usually removed from hydro-jet cleaning?
When hydro-jet drain cleaning in Indiana, some of the most common things that you see removed are:
- Grease and soap buildup
- Mud and other organic materials
- Inorganic debris (glass, plastic, aluminum, etc.)
- Tree roots
It is important to note that if you happen to see tree debris at your sewer cleanout after hydro-jetting, you should check to see if there is any additional damage to your pipes, such as root intrusion.
For more information, check out some of our other most frequently asked questions.
Why Choose NuFlow Indy for Hydro-Jetting
NuFlow Indy uses state-of-the-art technology to treat your sewer line. While a traditional plumber may snake a drain, NuFlow Indy’s hydro-jetting is a much more powerful method that will break up difficult clogs or blockages that snaking can’t fix. Hydro-jetting blasts pressurized water into your pipe system. The pressurized water pushes out whatever is clogging or blocking your pipes. A standard sewer auger may only poke a hole in the blockage, which provides only a very temporary solution.
Hydro-jetting helps restore your sewer drain and clear out sediments that have built up in your pipes, eventually causing blockages. Hydro-jet drain cleaning can also remove roots that have grown inside your sewer line, since without being treated these roots can be extremely troublesome and end up acting as a trap inside the pipe. Plus, we can hydro-jet to remove grease buildup, scaling, hair, and sludge. Hydro-jetting for sewer cleaning does not use any chemicals or require excavation.
Hydro-jetting requires an outside sewer cleanout and works best in strong pipes that are not damaged. One of our expert technicians will determine what method is best for your pipes.
Contact Us Today to Get Started with Hydro-Jet Cleaning in Indiana
If you’re experiencing any kind of backup within your sewer line, NuFlow Indy is here for you. Our Indiana hydro-jet cleaning is ready to provide long-term solutions so your pipes will flow as good as new.
Reach out to us today about our hydro-jetting methods to get started!